Winning track is the only place where you can find solutions for all your Schengen Tourist Visa related questions and we hereby assure you to be there with you at every step of the journey.

Tourist Schengen Visa –Your Ticket For Traveling to Europe for Tourism

A Tourist Schengen Visa permits third-country nationals to enter into the Schengen Area for a maximum of 90 days within a 6-month period, under the purpose of traveling or visiting Europe for pleasure.

Non-European citizens willing to travel to Europe for tourism purposes might be required to apply for a short-term Schengen visa under “tourist” specifications.

You have to apply for a Schengen Tourist Visa if your nationality is on the list of countries whose nationals need a Schengen short-stay visa.

Documents Required When Applying for a Tourist Schengen Visa:

When applying for a Tourist Schengen Visa, you have to submit the following documents:

  • Visa application form: Fully completed form with correct information, printed and signed at the end.
  • Two recent photos: Should not be more than 3 months old, in compliance with the Schengen visa photo criteria.
  • Valid passport: Passport should not be older than 10 years and with a minimum validity of three months beyond your planned stay in Schengen. It needs to have at least two blank pages in order to be able to affix the visa sticker.
  • Round Trip reservation or itinerary: A document that includes dates and flight numbers specifying entry and exit from the Schengen area. Find out how to get flight reservation for tourist visa applications.
  • Travel Health Insurance: Evidence that you have purchased health insurance that covers medical emergencies with a minimum of €30,000, for your whole period of stay.
  • Proof of accommodation: Evidence that shows where you will be staying throughout your stay in Schengen.
  • Proof of financial means: Evidence that confirms you have enough money to support yourself throughout your stay in Schengen. This could be a:
  • Bank account statement.
  • Sponsorship Letter. When another person friend/relative will be financially sponsoring your trip to the Schengen Zone. It is often called an Affidavit of Support.
  • A combination of both.
  • Evidence of employment status.
  • If employed:
  • Employment contract,
  • Leave permission from the employer
  • Income Tax Return
  • If self-employed:
  • A copy of your business license,
  • Company’s bank statement of the latest 6 months
  • Income Tax Return (ITR)
  • If a student:
  • Proof of enrollment &
  • No Objection Letter from University
  • Travel Itinerary: A description of your trip to Europe, your purpose of traveling, which places are you going to visit in Europe, the time frame and all the personal data.
  • For Minors:
  • Birth of adoption/custody decree if parents are divorced / death certificate of parents either of the above documents.
  • Letter of consent from parents’ side which includes passport copies of both parents/ legal guardian

  • How to Apply for a Tourist Schengen Visa?

    To complete your Tourist Schengen visa application successfully, these steps should be taken:

  • Make sure you are eligible for a Tourist Schengen Visa. There are a several Schengen visa types, you must make sure that the visa you need is of this type.
  • Find out where you need to apply.
  • Figure out the best time for your tourist visa application.
  • Gather the required documents for a Tourist Schengen Visa.
  • Get an appointment at the embassy of your destination country. You can make this appointment online or in-person at the embassy / consulate / visa center.
  • Attend the visa interview.
  • Pay the tourist visa fee.
  • Wait for a response on your visa application.

  • How long is the visa valid for?

    Tourist visa is commonly valid for stays no more than 90 days. If you plan on traveling a lot and not only in one Schengen country it’s recommendable to fill in the “multiple entry” gap in the application form. This way you will be able to enter and leave Schengen Zone as you like for the amount of time allowed on your visa issued.