Immigration to another country is one of the most crucial decisions of a person’s life. Getting settled in a totally new country may require you to face some initial challenges and expert advice will make all the difference between success and failure. It is very important to follow the immigration procedure accurately for making it a success.
Australia Permanent Residency Visa (PR) is a type of visa given to foreign nationals on meeting the justified criteria by the immigration authority of Australia. An Australian PR (permanent resident) is a non-citizen of Australia, who can live, work and study in Australia just like an Australian citizen without any restrictions.
The permanent residency of Australia and citizenship has differences in cases of international travels and voting.
The immigration process of Australia is based on a certain points system. For someone, who is interested to apply for Australian Permanent Residency Visa, it is mandatory to follow the point based system. The point test system is only applicable to some of the categories and not all of them.
Subclass 189, 190, and 489 under skilled migration are point tested and the minimum requirement is 65. In business migration only two streams in subclass 188 are points tested and the minimum score requirement is 65.
The calculation of points varies for each visa and subclass. Greater the points, the stronger would be your permanent visa application case.
The Australian Immigration Authorities have a clear and concise method of weighing your credentials while granting you Australia Permanent Residency Visa. The factors on which you are assigned points are:
- Age: You should be below 45 years of age to get Australian PR.
- Skills: Your skills are your greatest markers for PR visa application. Every year, the Immigration and Border Protection Department of Australia releases an updated list of skill sets that are highly rated in Australia or in any of its regions.
If the skills, you have nominated are in the regional or Australian highly rated skills list, you are more likely to get an invitation for visa application and approval thereof for permanent residency in Australia.
- English language proficiency: The minimum requirement for making a valid application for Australia PR visa is competent English, whose details is as follows:
- IELTS – The minimum requirement is 6 points for listening, reading, writing, and speaking skills.
- TOEFL IBT – The minimum requirements for listening skills is 12, reading skills is 13, writing skills is 21, and speaking skills is 18 points.
- PTE Academic – The minimum requirement for listening, speaking, writing, and reading skills is 50 points.
- CAE – The minimum requirement for listening, writing, speaking, and reading skills is 169 points.
- Academic qualification: Your academic qualification (accredited in Australia or overseas) is counted by the points test.
- Profession: Your occupation will not offer you points, but will surely give your application an edge over the others. It is because points are awarded based on the number of years of ‘recognized experience’ that you have in that occupation. Most importantly, it is mandatory to nominate any occupation from one of the lists (MLTSSL or STSOL or ROL), which not necessarily will give you points then.